Are you sure your RNA never degrades over time?
Cellular RNA provides data-rich biological information about gene expression. Genomic RNA in viruses is used as the basis for viral genetics. Researchers rely on RNA extraction kits to purify and collect their RNA samples for downstream applications including RNA-Seq, qPCR, and other expression profiling techniques.
Keeping RNA samples on ice all the time can slow RNA degradation. However, during handling, the sample temperature can often rise above 0 °C, and even brief exposure to elevated temperature is detrimental to RNA, especially with prevalent contamination from endogenous or environmental RNases1,2. Additionally, the amount of RNase contamination is highly variable depending on sample types and extraction methods. Therefore, it is important to preventively treat the RNA samples with a stabilization agent immediately after extraction to eliminate concerns of RNA degradation for downstream processing and analysis.
Maximum RNA protection is achieved by treating purified RNA samples with GenTegra RNAssure as soon as they are isolated. RNAssure is a robust, reliable protection product that utilizes GenTegra’s proven, patented Active Chemical Protection™ (ACP) chemistry to protect RNA against all RNases as well as exposure to oxidation. RNAssure easily integrates into extraction and purification kits from all major life science manufacturers and can be used directly in downstream applications without the need for further purification.
- Protect RNA integrity during routine sample handling and preparation
- Protect RNA samples from adverse or accidental exposure to higher temperatures
- Inactivate all residual RNase activity carried over from purification process or environmental contamination
- Protect RNA from oxidation damage and non-specific adherence to plastic
- Integrates seamlessly into standard RNA extraction kit workflows
- Protected samples can be used directly in downstream applications without the need for further purification